Mothers’ Union is an international Christian membership charity that aims to demonstrate the Christian faith in action through the transformation of communities worldwide.
- To promote and support married life
- To encourage parents in their role to develop the faith of their children
- To maintain a worldwide fellowship of Christians united in prayer, worship and service
- To promote conditions in society favourable to stable family life and the protection of children
- To help those whose family life has met with adversity
Here at St.Mary’s, in 2011, we celebrated our 50th birthday and at this present time we are a happy band of 20 members, although gentlemen are always welcome!!
We meet every third Wednesday in the month in the Parish Hall at 2.00pm and at many of our meetings we have an interesting speaker followed by a cup of tea and a slice of home-made cake! At each meeting we also run a ‘Sales Table’ selling home-made jams and other produce.
We usually go on an outing in June and approximately twice a year we invite members from other local branches to join us at our meetings.
We also raise money to help support Mothers’ Union projects such as ‘Literacy in Africa’, ‘Family Get Away’ holidays and the ‘Virtual Baby’ currently doing the rounds in Congleton!
Everyone is most welcome………….watch the church magazine for more details!