The Oasis Centre is a community day centre based in Gorton and serving the whole of East Manchester.
The Centre is a lifeline for over 60 people a week including families living on benefits, asylum seekers and refugees, the homeless, people struggling with alcohol or drug misuse and mental health issues.
Open three times a week, we offer friendship and support; access to advice and help; affordable clothing and emergency provision; plus life skills training including an innovative Getting Work-Ready scheme.
What we offer
- Friendship: A place to meet, chat and enjoy refreshments.
- Community Support Team: Our friendly volunteers can offer support and help for those with problems. We aim to help people help themselves.
- Urban Arts workshop: A ten-week running programme with local community artists.
- Getting Work-Ready Scheme: A tailor-made program for each Oasis client, encouraging them to reach their full potential one step at a time.
- ‘Getting Work-Ready’ 1-year Oasis Volunteer Scheme: helping clients on our Getting Work-Ready scheme develop their skills and work experience to improve their chances of fulltime and long term employment.
- English For Everyone: A multi-cultural discussion group for people who want to develop their English skills as their first or second language. Each 10 week course focusses on a specific topic, culture or country. The group works towards exhibiting what they have learnt in a creative and interactive way with the rest of the Oasis clients.
- Coming Soon: FREEDOM ED. Click to find out more.
- Craft and Cookery Workshop: Every Tuesday we explore a different craft or create a simple healthy meal helping our clients learn new skills, meet new people and feel a sense of wellbeing.
- One to One Basic ITC Workshop: Simple one-to-one tuition going through the basics of computing.
- Games area: A great way to make friends with pool, table tennis and board games.
- Charity shop: High-quality clothing and household goods at affordable prices.
- Children’s play area: A place where carers can watch their children play while they relax.
- Café: Serving refreshments and breakfast and lunches (all free of charge).
- Emergency Provision: This includes food packs and shop vouchers.
You can help
There are three main ways you can help The Oasis Centre continue our vital, life-changing work: giving financially, donating clothes and other saleable goods for our shop, and volunteering to help at the centre.
Give a financial gift
Give now online with a credit or debit card
Send a cheque to Treasurer, c/o 69 Haworth Road, Gorton, M18 7EN
Donate goods for sale
We gratefully receive donations of clothes (clean and in good condition please), household goods (sorry, no furniture or mains electrical goods), toys (in good working order) and food (non-perishable only)
Join our team
If you are interested in volunteering with The Oasis Centre, please get in touch with our Centre Manager, Stuart Gosling by phone (07732 352 568) or email. Email Stuart.