At the entrance to the Church stands the Old School, a lovely sandstone building. This is the free school built in 1628 by Hugh Shaw, Clerk and endowed by Thomas Dean de Park, January 1694. This was where the boys of the parish were given the basic skills of reading, writing and arithmetic. In those days the school was in what is now the kitchen and the school master’s accommodation in the upper room above.
In 1817 a large room was built on by the Rev. Edward Stanley. In 1908 the room was restored and presented to the parish by Lord Stanley of Alderley.
It is now used as the parish hall which includes modern kitchen facilities and car-parking.
Parish Hall Costs:
£15 per hour – minimum 3 hours
Enquiries to: Kane Gunter 07729 223 726 email: email@example.com
Online Diary: Click here
Booking Form: Booking Form
St. Mary Church, Nether Alderley, Cheshire SK10 4TW